ILM Level 4 Certificate and Diploma in Principles of Leadership and Management
Who is this qualification for?
The Level 4 Certificate and Diploma in Principles of Leadership and Management are designed to develop aspiring middle managers and first line managers. Learners build core skills in middle management and can access a wide range of optional study areas to help them gain specific management skills to suit their needs. The Diploma also forms part of the ILM Level 4 Management Apprenticeship.
Benefits for individuals
- Gain the knowledge to support your middle management role
- Take control of your personal development
- Understand change in the workplace
- Build positive and productive relationships at work
- Get a nationally recognised qualification.
Benefits for employers
- Motivated middle managers with proven ability to perform
- Managers who can assess and improve their development
- Better communication and collaboration in teams
- Flexible choice of units – customise the qualification to suit your organisation.
The core of each qualification builds up the key leadership and management knowledge needed by today’s middle managers. The shorter Certificate contains two mandatory units looking at fully understanding the management role and how to lead a complex team activity. The Diploma contains four mandatory units building additional skills in personal development, change management and relationship development in the workplace. Both qualifications benefit from a wide selection of optional units to build management skills in variety of areas such as managing risk, planning and allocating work or managing improvement.
These qualifications will provide progression opportunities to other qualifications such as:
ILM Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Management and Leadership
ILM Level 5 Diploma in Principles of Leadership and Management
ILM Level 5 Award, Certificate or Diploma in Leadership and Management